Tuesday 16 April 2013

United we stand......

The events at the finish line of the Boston Marathon yesterday have somewhat cast a dark shadow over the whole running community.  I would be telling a lie if I said I had not considered my position in running the London Marathon on Sunday.  It is likely that possibly each and everyone due to run has done the same.  Some will have taken the stoic stance and immediately made up their minds not to let the perpetrators of such a despicable act win and there is no question that they will run, heads held high.  Others may well have decided not to run. I am of the mind that I will not let such persons unworthy to be in my thoughts render my months of hard work pointless.  I will stand united on the start line with 34,000 others including my youngest son who has also made the decision to run. I will run. I will, though, run with a heavy heart and a troubled mind until the event is over and everyone is safe.

With my last few days of training going quite well other than aches and pains which I know are normal when reducing the mileage, all that remains is one club run on Wednesday and perhaps a swim at some point if I can find the time, and we will be off on our way on Friday morning.

Meanwhile my thoughts and prayers are with all those affected by this tragedy...........

4 days to go....


No comments:

Post a Comment