Monday 19 March 2012

Paddy's Day, Mother's Day, Rainy Day, Sunny Day......

Leprechauns!
Green is the colour, leprechauns were the order of the day as several of us from club took part in a St Patrick's day parkrun.  The Bradford course just does not get any easier with it's teeny, tiny hill which has to be negotiated 3 times.  I hadn't realised what I looked like until I saw a photo afterwards but thought I had done very well to complete the race still wearing the silly hat Shirley had loaned me! At least it kept the pouring rain from soaking my hair! Bottle green tights completed the  look!  Shirley had professed she hoped her choice of costume would bring her luck as she chased the pot of gold! It certainly did as she finished in a personal best time, in addition to being 3rd Lady, fantastic! Easter bunnies may well be the next fancy dress parade!




The day of the Keighley Big 10k - the first race in the ERR Summer championship, which I decided not to take part in as it was Mothering Sunday, the weather was much brighter and sunnier. I was pleased to see the sun as I had made a request to my family that we all go walking in the Yorkshire Dales. Picnics packed we set off in the direction of Kilnsey Trout Farm.  I had originally wanted to walk up one of the Three Peaks but we decided against it as the weather forecast hadn't been very good. From there we went on to Burnsall where we had or picnic by the river and then set off to find Malham Cove, a little more planning was needed as our convoy pulled into a small village garage to ask for directions, turned out we were miles away and would have had to go back the way we came.  We decided to drive on and if we found a place of interest we would pull in.  Next stop, Ripley Castle, home of the Guy Fawkes 10 mile race.  Unfortunately signs made it clear that we weren't allowed into the grounds with our pooches, so we decided to go for a walk through the woods, I immediately recognised the path as the start of the race, on we walked in the sunshine, my grandsons had a ball. Rounding off the day with a Ripley's famous ice cream we returned home to have ourselves our very own Chinese buffet at home!
Me & My Boys!



No comments:

Post a Comment