Wednesday 4 April 2012

Inconvenient snow fall!

Summertime begins......and then it went again!
Well I wanted a change, bored I said, I'm going to think twice before I make statements like that again.  Just as if I'd been cursed the weather steadily became colder and colder and then lo and behold the talks of snow I'd heard on the weather reports, became a reality.  Awaking on Wednesday morning at 5:30 Martin exclaimed he was not going to attempt his planned 16 mile run and promptly jumped back into bed! How inconvenient of it to snow and interrupt marathon training! After a struggle to get to work it felt almost like we had arrived in the North Pole upon reaching Queensbury, the cars were buried in snow drifts up to their roof in some cases, it was an unbelievable sight!

Scarlett Heights, Queensbury
Emails circulated late afternoon as to whether we should cancel the club run or not, the snow seemed to have had a mind of it's own and fallen intermittently, some areas were not so bad, others had a few feet of the stuff!  It was decided in the end we would cancel due to the uncertainty of the state of the pavements.







Looking forward to Friday - no club run for me again as we have the launch of an exhibition of Titanic memorabilia to coincide with the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the ship at our Gallery, Picture This in Queensbury.  I'm going to make an effort to get a run in at some point to see how I feel about the impending Guiseley Gallop 10k on Easter Sunday, I have a score to settle with that race.....











No comments:

Post a Comment