Thursday 16 May 2013

Lost, one race mojo.....

The merry month of May is a manic month each year for me, Birthdays galore keep me busy but one person I wish I could celebrate with is Arthur James. Today would have been his 78th Birthday. It's difficult to believe he has been gone for over a year already.  The Bradford parkrun in his memory was a chance to remember him in a way we all know he would have wanted us to - running.  I felt proud as we at Eccleshill jogged around Lister park in a large group chatting and laughing, he would have loved it! The club are also planning to arrange a relay race for members to compete for the 'Arthur James Trophy' so we don't plan to let him be forgotten any time soon!

Team ERR at Arthur's (Bradford) parkrun 4th May 2013
I seem to have lost the inclination to race of late!  I just don't seem to get on and enter! That is until most of the time it's too late and entries have closed. I'm putting it down to 'marathon blues'!  I am though going to make an effort to enter the Otley, Eccup (on my Birthday) and Guy Fawkes 10 mile races to give me something to focus on. The next YVAA race at Bingley will hopefully get me kick started since I already have my number at the ready! Nothing like a team activity to rekindle the mojo.

Meanwhile the mojo stayed firmly tucked away yet again as I spent the evening cheering on runners at the second race of this year's John Carr 5k series. - the first time in quite a few years that I haven't run them, it was though, great to cheer on my youngest son Marc and ERR members, along with hundreds of others in this fast and furious race. It also provided me with an opportunity to encourage my husband Martin to come out for a run yesterday morning to replace what would have been Wednesday club night. Although the weather wasn't on our side we had a brilliant 10k run and Dave (the dog) came too. We went through Yorkshire Water to Esholt Village and then came back along the canal. It did, though, improve for the race and barring a shower at tea time was a most pleasant evening.

Not yet knowing how I am going to fit it in on a regular basis, I have signed up for gym and swim at Eccleshill pool.  I have decided it's high time I introduced regular cross training into to my regime as niggles, aches and pains frequently surface following each run. First session on Sunday, watch this space!


No comments:

Post a Comment