Tuesday 6 July 2010

Paula Radcliffe came to town!


The day before I'm another year older - hmmm they're flying by!! The question is whether I run a race on my birthday or go out for a meal. I can't decide. However since it is only days away from my Wedding Anniversary too I'm leaning towards the race as I will be able to celebrate after the Vets race at Honley on Sunday our 29th Anniversary. Time will tell.

Marc with both feet off the ground! He believes he can fly!

Another busy week in the running stakes, the Jane Tomlinson 10k on Sunday was an experience I can only liken to the Great North Run, a very congested race with a fantastic atmosphere! I ran it alongside my Sister, Sue who was running her first ever race, she only started running recently and I managed to encourage her most of the way round resulting in her only having a few walk breaks! I'm now trying to impress the benefits of running with a club on her in the hope that she might join us at Eccleshill Road Runners! 10 Runners turned out for ERR, my son Marc was one of them, running his first ever 10k race - this was the replacement for this year's Leeds Family Fun Run he was disappointed to learn he was too old for that one this year. After the race he was star struck having run alongside Paula Radcliffe for part of the race, exclaiming afterwards that he had 'beaten the one and only Paula Radcliffe' (there was just the small matter that she was 7 months pregnant!) Nonetheless he had a fantastic race and flew round as the photo shows finishing in 45 minutes and 4 seconds - truly fantastic for our junior member. Accolade of the day though goes to Claire Elener who finished second lady overall! Claire was presented with her award on stage by Paula - I missed it being just a little way behind her, I'll try and go a bit quicker next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment