Monday 19 July 2010

Relays and Football


Team ERR at the Washburn Valley Relay
Last Friday we had club visit to Fewston Reservoir for a recce of the Washburn Valley Relay and I had looked forward to taking part in the real thing all week! What a week it has been, it feels like most of it's a blur, it's gone that fast.

Jo & Jack get me up the hill
I'm still waiting for that all important phone call from the physio and desperately looking forward to being able to book in for my massage, I have tight muscles upon tight muscles now! Partly due to the effort I put in at the Washburn Valley Relay and partly due to careering around on a football pitch all in the name of a 'Ladies' match organised by Marc's football team! I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed both.

Eccleshill had 18 runners in the relay, 3 per team, so 6 teams entered! Fantastic! We all had a brilliant night and I was once again reminded of why I am a member of a running club. There is no feeling like 'team spirit' and we certainly had plenty of that at the relay. Each and every runner was treated to a rousing cheer as they finished their leg and the next one took off on theirs. Being one of the leg 3 runners I absolutely gave it all I had and was dreading the steep climb to the finish, however, several team mates ran down to run me in, including Jo and her little boy, Jack, and what a brilliant feeling when I got to the top of that hill! We are taking part in the Golden Acre Park relay this coming Wednesday and I, for one, can't wait!

Meanwhile on the football pitch I scored two goals and although on the losing ladies team we all had a great day and I don't even mind the fact that I can hardly walk today! Speed and Hills this evening? Hmmm..........


No comments:

Post a Comment